Friday, July 1, 2011

I Could be Softening on Michelle Bachmann

This week Minnesota Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann officially announced her candidacy for President of The United States. I actually think that she would be a good addition to the race. In a previous blog I called her a Sarah Palin mini me and I was wrong. She is much more of a capable candidate than Palin and would make a good competitor for President Obama. Don't get me wrong I want President Obama to be reelected but I think it would be nice for him to run against someone who will create productive discussions.

Michelle Bachmann may be just as qualified as a candidate as President Obama was in 2008. She is a lawyer by trade and served as a State Senator prior to serving in congress (sound familiar). She has a post doctorate degree in Tax law and worked for the IRS as an attorney. Which tells me that she knows tax law and may have an understanding on how to handle our crazy tax situation in this country.

I don't agree with a lot of her political views but she appears to practice what she preaches. She is a strong pro life supporter and has five children and raised 23 foster children. That at least means she believes in the value of life and is willing to get involved.

She has had some a gaffe on how she remembered history but she is not a historian. Her mistake is something that will happen all politicians from time to time. Presidents Obama and Bush have both said something that historically inaccurate before.

I guess I am officially giving her a chance since she is officially running.

No comments:

Post a Comment